Wednesday 27 June 2012

Review: Clinique Colour Surge Butter Shine Lipstick Ambrosia

Clinique is a well-known brand for their make-up and skin care products for a long time. I remember playing with my mother's Clinique lipsticks when I was a little girl. Having dry lipsticks, Butter Shine lipsticks are my life saver as they are very moisturising and not too thick. I also love the smoothness of its gel formula very much.

Ambrosia, a golden red orange, is my favourite orange colour in my whole collection (this is my third tube of Ambrosia). It has a rich colour and glints of gold which is perfect for day time. This colour also works for night make-up since it's more opaque compared to some light colours from this range. It feels soothing on my dry lips and does not have a drying after-effect. Unlike Laura Mercier's Stickgloss, it doesn't tend to melt in warm weather. 

Clinique Colour Surge Butter Shine Lipstick in Ambrosia has a super smooth application, feels like it melts onto your lips. The colour stays on my lips for 3-4 hours which is typical for this type of lipsticks. It doesn't  have a detectable smell or taste. 

Ambrosia is a pretty uplifting colour and I use it all year round. The definition of Clinique website is definitely true and I totally agree with this sentence: "Drenches lips in moist, lush colour that glides on buttery-soft, feels luxuriously smooth."


Disclaimer: This product was purchased by the reviewer.



Basic information about the product and more photos are here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...